Thursday, July 14, 2011

Things I'm Thankful for!

I think when someone has a hard year, there are two camps people end up in.  The first camp being camp Blame!  Where you blame everyone and everything for the awful year you’ve had… because no way could it be your fault J Then there is the camp Thankful… where the hard year you’ve had puts into perspective all the things you can be thankful for. 

This past year has been one of the hardest years I’ve encountered in my adult life.  Nothing tragic happened (thankfully)… but lot of changes I’m learning to adjust to.  I’m happy to report I’m not in Camp Blame!  Whew!  So at the risk of sounding redundant…  I’m just thankful to be in Camp Thankful!  Here are just some of the things I’m thankful for...all listed in random order and certainly not a complete list:

I’m thankful for:
An amazing daughter that makes me laugh
A husband who challenges me to be a better wife
A loving family that loves unconditionally
Cupcakes – yummy!
Cookies from Cookies by Design - who knew sugar cookies could be so good
Gnocchi from Paragon
The SexY woman drink from Andina
A couple wonderful friends that push me to live (or camp) outside my comfort zone!
The same wonderful friends that willingly volunteer to take Emma (when she’s old enough) to hike/camp/and be adventurous
The world’s bestest girlfriends who I can count on all the time.
The same friends that can get together and talk for hours about everything and anything
A coffee buddy that willingly meets with Emma and I often at Sbux
Chai tea lattes from Sbux... and the awesome gold star program that gives me a free drink every 15 drinks!
A great jogging stroller
Great coworker friends that still want to be my friends even tho we don’t work together anymore
Amazing ex-supervisor that is like a 2nd mom to me, and a wonderful faux gramma to Emma
Inlaws I enjoy spending time with
Good silly TV shows that don’t require me to think
Really good music that Emma and I can rock out to everyday
Friends that share their big special moments with me
People that are genuinely nice
Amazing cooks in the greater Portland area that cook such delicious foods
Sweet Cream Gelato from Caffé Allora

I'm sure there are SO many more things I can be thankful for... but right now, that's all I can come up with.... plus, my sweet little baby is down for the night... so i'm going to sit on the couch and enjoy the quietness....well, after I do all the dishes...

xoxo
Ada

No comments:

Post a Comment