Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baking and overeating pumpkin GOBs!

I made pumpkin Gobs today!  What are Gobs you ask?  well, they are better known as whoopie pies these days!  You know, those delicious looking treats that are essentially two cookies bound together with frosting!  My friend (who is from Pennsylvania) assures me that that correct and proper name of those treats are GOBS... and NOT Whoopie Pies....  who ever calls them whoopie pies is clearly not from Pennsylvania.  Well, whatever they are called who cares... all you need to know is that they are absolutely delicious and I can't stop stuffing my face with them.

My friend normally makes these without a mixer. she HAND mixes everything!  How she does that, I'm not sure...all I know is that each time I bake, I fall more in love with my KitchenAid Mixer.  It really does make baking so much easier.  The Gobs took us no time at all to whip them up, the most time consuming part was the baking.  Now if I could only have multiple ovens...  now THAT would be a dream come true!

Anyhow, after weeks for trying to decide what cookie to contribute to a "cookie exchange" that I'm a part of this holiday season.  I think Pumpkin Gobs are the perfect item!  Now the only problem is whether or not I'll be able to make enough to deliver to the cookie exchange since I can't stop eating them.  I have literally eaten so many already today that I feel sick... yet I swear the remaining ones are calling out at me and SCREAMING at me to EAT THEM UP...  I don't know if I can resist... I very well may eat the remaining 4.... self control...self control... 

As for the triple berry pies I spoke briefly about in my last blog... well, they were DELICIOUS!  I'm still eating the last of the remaining one.  I cheated a bit tho, you see, I don't make pie crusts.  I made many attempts in my younger years at pie crusts... and I'm pretty sure they never turned out tasting good... so since Pillsbury has perfected their pie crust... and Costco sells it in a value pack...  why would I waste my time making my pie crust from scratch.  So, my pie crust had the Pillsbury pre-made pie crust as the bottom layer.  I used frozen berries (again, thank you Costco for providing a value pack of triple berries)...  took the recipe from the side of the pie crust box...  thru it all together.  And topped it all off with the crumb topping that I normally make for my triple berry crisp.  The end result?  2 ridiculously easy pies made... and some VERY satisfied pie eaters.  All in all... a success in my Semi-home-baked book!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment