Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Balancing Act.

How do people with more than one child keep their sanity?  I know its possible, I've seen many stay-at-home moms maintain a regular, healthy life... but HOW DO THEY DO IT?  I absolutely adore my sweet little baby, but when she's in one of her "moods" and all she wants to do is cry cry cry... I can feel myself losing it... so I ask you then... if you've got more than one...how do you do it?  What if they both want you to hold them... at the same time?  how how how?  For the last couple of weeks, I've been watching my friend's son for a little bit in the evenings. He is one of the calmest most well-mannered one year-olds I've seen, thank goodness for that.  But even angels get tired around the 6:30ish hour.  Last night, my husband had somewhere to be at 7pm.  So around 6ish, he left the house and I was left alone... with my baby, and my friend's sweet little son.  O.M.G.  My sweet child decided it was the perfect time to NOT be sweet... and instead...  cry her hysterical cry... you know, the one where she can barely breathe because she's exhausted all her energy crying bloody murder.  anyhow, simultaneously, my friend's son wanted to be cuddled and held to... it was afterall, very close to bed time.  I attempted to hold them both. FAIL!  That doesn't work.  I can't even remember how I got the both of them to calm down (I think mom's mentally block out things to keep their sanity)... but they did.  whew!

Maybe the key is to not have the children so close together? These two are only 10 months apart?  or rather, maybe that will be the key for me!  I use to think 2 years between each child... but now... maybe like 4 years?  and maybe not that many kids afterall?  :)  Why am I even thinking about this?  My baby is only a mere 5 months old.  Am I ready to be thinking about this?  I don't think so.  I'm still trying to find balance right now.

Luckily for me... I have one of those babies that I refer to as closet monsters!  She's a complete ham out in public... cheeses it up...smiles, laughs, cackles, and bats her ridiculously long lashes and melts everyone's heart.  But at home... when it's just mommy and her (or not even at home, once we get in the car and the car door slams shut) she has these fits... these heart breaking screams/cries of death.  As if I'm hurting her... because how and why else would such a sweet little baby cry bloody murder???  Clearly something... ANYTHING must be wrong.  But nope... she just likes to do that.  At least once everyday... for an extended period of time.  Tonight it was about 45 mins ago.  And now that she has exhausted all her energy making me feel like I've failed as a mom, she is happily napping until her next feeding.  Well, Thank you Emma!  In all seriousness... I am thankful that she is a closet monster.  I feel bad for the moms that have the opposite... the ones that are little monsters when they are out, because I know, at this age... the babies don't do it on purpose... and its certainly not because we're bad moms that they act this way.  But the stares and hisses, and whispers that you get ...that is what causes moms to get frazzled and frustrated and THAT is how moms lose their sanity...  because people judge...ridicule...JUDGE.

I've completely lost my train of thought and lost track of where I was trying to go with all of this... one of the side effects of being a mom :)

I guess until I remember why or what I was trying to blog about... I better just say goodnight now, I have dishes to wash and a house to clean.

So, until next time.
Good night!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment